Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

2016-2017 Lumberjack Hockey Opening Weekend - THANK YOU!!

Greetings Lumberjack Hockey Fans and welcome to a new season of Lumberjack Hockey.  We opened the season up this past weekend defeating the Finlandia Lions JV squad in both games.

Friday Night:
It was a great evening as we put the banner up from last years championship team. Great memories popped up as I was thinking about the people who made that championship happen and I was happy that we reached our goal. I remember a team that had its ups and downs but stuck together. It was a fun year that I will never forget.  Such good people who will be successful in the future.  After the puck dropped it was business as usual and the guys took care of business. We got a hat trick from newcomer Reed Link and Kenny made 22 saves for the victory. It was a good start for a season opener.  It was also great to see Terry Charnholm at the rink again. Terry is going through some health issues and we hope to see him at more games all season long. It was a special win. (see below)

Saturday Afternoon:
We came determined from the start and had a good first period. We got some bounces and puck luck and ended up 4-0 in the first and never looked back. Nial Mills led us with 3 goals. We were in better shape and for Finlandia to just be put together after the Varsity tryouts we know we will face a much better team in January up in Michigan.

It was a good start on the season and i am really excited how this team has bought in. We need to pick up our work ethic and continue to get stronger. We have good competition in all positions and it is fun to see that competition in practice. It will be a fun year to see how this team grows.

On a personal note I am very fortunate to have such good support here in Bottineau. In the past 16 years I want to thank my wife; Codi and my kids; Riley, Emma, and Ellee, family, friends, past and current coaches, staff, faculty and most importantly the past and current players who have worn the Lumberjack Green with Pride. You don't get to 200 wins without good people and I am the luckiest person to be able to work for and represent Lumberjack Hockey.  I wish i could have  and should have won that 200th one a few years ago but I will take it. Thanks for all the texts, messages and emails I received after Friday night, I appreciate it and lets hope we can get 200 more while I am here.